Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Salem Growing





There actually was a train station in West Salem many years ago and the train took passengers from the heart of Salem to the West Salem and out lying areas. There is a bit of history here for you to see.

I'm sure our boys who liked to climb to the top of the bridge in the early 1980's will be interested in these changes. Tim tells me he climbed to the very very top of the bridge only to have an owl fly our in his face which was almost enough to make him fall. I am relieved though that no one in my family actually jumped from the bridge into the Willamette! I hope that part of the story is true . . . ? click on pictures to make them larger to read. We Love Salem!








1 comment:

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

I love walking Sitka over the foot bridge from the West Salem Marine Park to the Riverfront Park. Now if I could only get her to quit BARKING so much!!!