Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day


The day began with Ron taking my picture with my beautiful Cardinal Bush in full bloom. Then we joined my son Tim, daughter-in-law Marilyn and my precious daughter at McGrath's downtown Salem for our special celebration. Now is the time to collect all those awards and benefits for the job of motherhood. When I see what wonderful people and friends my children have become – the creativity in them, the contributions they make to the community and to my life, it is much better than any gold watch retirement party!

I had phone calls from the other three kids – including Ernie (Ronnie) who lives in Eastern Washington, Vicki who lives near Seattle, and Eli our youngest who joined our family when he was 16 years old and has been a treasured part of our clan ever since. Who has the Greatest Kids in the Whole World? I DO!

Thanks kids for the beautiful cards, flowers, breakfast out, phone calls and for remembering me when your lives are so very busy. I love you with all my heart.

For a report on our Picnic on Saturday with Mike and Cynthia and the opportunity to meet our great new friends check our their blog by clicking on the link above. This is the first time I have tried a link. Lets see if I can do it! Cynthia has been my coach in this blog process, which I find to be very entertaining. Nice way to keep in touch with friends and relatives all over the world!

3 comments:

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

We're happy to hear you had such a FAB Mother's Day!

p.s. For me, the "coaching" is a chance to get away from Mike and Ron and just be girlz!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Betty, we did reap some joys of Motherhood over the Mother's Day Weekend. It is so nice to be treated a little special. Erik took us on the Sternwheeler for dinner Saturday and also gave me a beautiful rose bouquet which I managed to transport to Trollbo with us yesterday. Rolf had us for Sunday Brunch which he prepared -- wonderful. And gave us a lilac tree to plant close to the barn. I mentioned how I missed the lovely scent of the lilac tree that grew by our trailer. Karyn had us for Salmon dinner (a whole salmon Gary had caught) and I am going to lunch with Lisa soon as we get back to the Ranch. So I, too, had a super weekend,

Ron and Betty said...

Sounds delightful Pet. Glad I don't have that many meals to consume - of course you are tiny and can afford the luxury! Nice to have grown kids be so fine! Our new friends are so looking forward to joining us for the RR they have started to practice camping in their livingroom! Check our their blog by clicking on Mike and Cynthia in my last blog. It is going to come fast now that June is soon here! Love to all! B