Thursday, May 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Children of May

Hello and Greetings to my gang of grandchildren who celebrate birthdays in May.
* Jared Michael was born May 8,1997 – youngest son of Vicki – Ron's daughter.
* Alyssa was born May 11, 1987 – first child of Ernie & DeeDee
* Deja was born May 12, 1988 – third child of Vicki
* Josh was born May 21, 1985 second child of Vicki
Landon born May 19, 2007 son of Jesse, our Great Grandson!

We are so proud of you! You are all just great kids. Have a great May celebration and know that your Grandpa Ron and Grandma Betty are thinking about you!

As you see Alyssa and Deja were born one year and one day apart. DeeDee was at my house the morning she went into labor and it was Mother's Day in a big way. I was having brunch in my back patio brought to me by my daughter when DeeDee announced she was soon to deliver. What an exciting event. Ron & I were privileged to have Ernie & DeeDee stay for a short while after the birth and Grandma Betty got to play with the tiny little Alyssa. It's hard to believe she will soon be 22 years old! Deja will be 21 this year. We attended her wedding last June when she married Chris. They are courageous college students working their way through school in Yakima, WA. We wish them the very best and Happy Birthday Deja
Deja 1 year old and Alyssa 2 years old at their first Birthday Party together at Grandma's.
Jared came to visit us last month and it was fun to have him overnight. He enjoyed going to Discovery Village – one of his favorite places to visit when he comes to visit from his home in Washington. Jared enjoys CARS! He also likes airplanes and going fishing with his parents.

Josh must be 24 this year. It is hard to believe. When I used to take the three littlest ones for a walk, Josh would be dragging behind – tired on the way to Grandma's house up the hill. Grandma would trick him into running in the late afternoons by saying, "catch my shadow Josh!" "Step on it." Soon he was running ahead of me up the hill. Now Josh is the Daddy of Isaiah, born April 28th. Grandma Vicki will have to help me with the year. Below see Josh in 1988.

Happy Birthday to Maria in Sweden too. Maria was with us on her 17th Birthday as an exchange student. What a joy she is to this day. We look forward to your next trip to the USA Maria!

5 comments:

Pet said...

Betty, What a good idea to have this blog. It is very interesting and I am enjoying reading it whenever I get the chance. I say Happy Birthday to your May birthday kids too and wish all of them a very Happy, Healthy and fun year. Keep up with the dauly stories. You'll have a very interesting book soon. Love Pet

Anonymous said...

Thank you Betty! My birthday is on the 16th! I miss you lots and hope we can come back soon. Maybe next year. Love, Maria

Ron and Betty said...

Thanks Pet - glad you are catching up with us. We have told our new friends and tenants downstairs - Mike and Cynthia about the RR. They are so excited they have bought a tent, sleeping bags and are testing them in their livingroom! You will enjoy them. I need to get to work on my lip sync! Stay in touch. Nice to hear from you.

Ron and Betty said...

Maria - I remember well that we celebrated your 17th BD just 2 days before Mt St. Helens went off in 1980! I have such fond memories of our talks on the foot of the bed. Love you so much. You are a wonderful Mom - Happy Mothers Day!! Love You

Anonymous said...

Actually Mt St Helens blew up in 1980 and I turned 17 the year after! I also remember long talks, especially about justice. :-) Love you lots! Happy Mother's Day to you too, my extra mom!