Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Thankful

The Viking Celebrates 70!
It seems like a good time to reflect on all the good things in life – since it feel like my cup overflows! What a great year Ron & I have experienced.


Ron is so much more healthy now – his heart is working very well – allowing him to have diabetic meds that make his average blood sugar within the good range!

I am feeling really good and back to water aerobics 3 to 4 times a week. I feel so much better when I can do that. I will be loosing one of my precious front teeth because of a bone disease – but hopefully not until next year! I want another Christmas with my TWO Front Teeth!

                                         Celebrating Valentines Day - with Gift Dinner from Cynthia & Mike

We had such a really great vacation – 3 weeks – in Idaho with my brother and family – in Yellowstone – and at my 50 year class reunion. I have kept in e-mail contact with several of my good girl friends since the reunion and it is great!
                           Alyce was and is a best friend.  She sends the best articles and e-mails.  Thanks Alyce.
                                   Ann - Elizabeth and I had lunch together every day during my Junior Year.

                            The house Tim came home to from the hospital - he was born when Debbie was 3
My wonderful daughter calls every evening, and my son Tim calls often in the mornings when he has a moment free. Grandson Jesse calls at least once a week and keeps us informed about things in Moses Lake. Eli shows up now and then just to see what needs to be done – like cleaning the roof and gutters or watering the garden.


Our home is so beautiful. It has kept us safe and warm since August of 1975. Ron & I both love it like a family member and plan to always be here – for as long as we all survive – us and our house.

                                           Hydranges dried, spray painted and sparkled add to my fall mantel.
The fall color has piled up knee deep all over our property. Ron & I spent the morning playing in the leaves – sending them flying over the hill so we can start again in the spring.

We are thankful for 3 loyal tenants who take care of us as well as we take care of them.

New friends show up – with love in their hearts and together we find ways to "pay it forward" for the less fortunate – who are also a gift in our lives – because they show us courage and strength and determination that lifts our spirits to another challenge.

We are thankful for you, friends, who send us e-mails – jokes – funny articles and inspiring stories. We are grateful to have you in our lives.

We are Thankful! Happy Thanksgiving!
Love, Ron and Betty

1 comment:

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

Very nice recap. We ALL have a lot to be thankful for!