Friday, October 5, 2012

July of 2012

Seems like a long time ago - but July is our wedding anniversay - on the 4th as you probably already know.  This year Ron's sister Cyndi and family planned a visit for July 4th weekend with us with a plan to go to the Water Park at the Evergreen Space museum.

First we had the privilege of helping Luis celebrate his birthday!  Cyndi and Rebecca brought with them an amazing strawberry filled birthday cake. 

It was only the beginning of the end of my idea to loose weight before my Birthday in October!  It was covered in real whipped cream and I can't even imagine the calories it cost us. Yum!


It is always so great to have the family visit.  We get to eat more, play more, and have lots of fun.

We planned our trip to the Water Park for the 6th of July and I rode with Luis and the girls and we left Ron home to work.  He doesn't like swimming anyway! 

It was our first time there and being a summer holiday week it was very busy.   First we did get a $5. discount for each of us - which helped because it is a very expensive day $30 per person! 

It was totally worth it for me -my first Wave Pool!
I giggled like a 6 year old as I got bounced around on my float.  On the big screen we had multiple choice questions that helped us learn about the small amount of drinkable water available on our beautiful planet - and many more surprising facts.

Alyssa was still with us and she really enjoyed the tubes.  She and Luis climbed the 122 steps to the top of the building where the 747 sits on top.  Inside the gutted 747 is access to 4 tubes.  Alyssa tried every single one - Luis did 3 - and I admired anyone who could climb to the top of the building!
Alyssa took this orange tube which looked so small everyone had to cross their arms over their chests to slide down the completely dark tube until it opens to the light toward the bottom.  Yikes!

One of the most exciting tubes began its decent with a whirl pool for single or double floats and spun them around and around until they could navigate into the small tube opening - usually backwards and starting their ride.

The cafeteria provided reasonable quick meals and drinks for the tired old people and I took advantage of that.
It was a fun day with nice company.  Something every great grandma should do just to remember how it feels to be young and adventurous.

Before leaving town we made a visit to our new Grand Pups at my daughter and son-in-laws home.
They are so cute and by now have grown a lot as you have seen.

My great grand children are in Moses Lake, and my grand pups and grand cats are here in Salem.



This is Savannah Rose - the tiny little tri -color Sheltie. 

We made a visit to the State Capital to find the doors locked on a Saturday.  Alyssa is my "model" Granddaughter.  No matter when a picture is taken Alyssa is posing for it.  Proud of you Alyssa!

After our visitors left we asked Alyssa to spend some time with her Great Uncle so Ron and I could properly celebrate our 38th Anniversary.  We headed for the mountains as we have done for so many years.  We camped for 3 nights and 4 days.
We visited our old stomping grounds in the Mt. Jefferson wilderness and sang our song, "Those were the days, My Friend!"

Love that Man of Mine!

Thanks for checking in to our site.  Hope life is as much fun for you!

Love
Betty

No comments: