Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!
The seasons pass so quickly it is hard to let it go.  When Christmas arrived we had just finished renting our duplex and I wasn't ready for Christmas.  Finally about the 12th of December we made our annual trip to the
Oak Knoll Christmas Tree Farm where we found a new and interesting friend who owns the farm and the most beautiful tree ever.  It is not supposed to drop needles - and it is as fresh today on New Years Eve, as it was when we cut it!  I have really enjoyed this beautiful Tananbom.
Along with our usual decorations we had a very very large Christmas Stocking!  Our son Tim suggested an idea to help his Dad Bob, and his partner Tim B. pass the time during Bob's recovery from a bone marrow t-cell transplant.  He has to stay "safe from bacteria" for a total of 100 days.  We decided to fill a very very large stocking with things to entertain - puzzles, paint by number kits (multiple) DVD Musicals (several)
foods he can eat, socks, coloring books, bird book, and much more. 
I decided to make a winter scene for the entertainment center top . . .
So with my dried Hydrangia and some big Maple leaves - some spray paint and gold sparkles I will keep this through January 2012!  My son Tim practiced his amazing photography and actually captured Santa as you see!
I made 6 Swedish Tea Rings and everyone says they enjoy my glorified cinnamon rolls!

Jack & Debbie hosted Christmas Eve Family gathering this year.  I am so grateful.  It was so much fun.  We all brought the gifts for the Very Large Stocking and as a precaution I had placed it in the freezer overnight to kill any bacteria.  Debbie used sterile wipes for every gift we dropped in and finally we placed it inside a big black plastic bag and placed it in her car trunk - since she was spending the day on Christmas with Bob and Tim.  It was so much fun.  Pictures are posted on Tim Berg's Facebook site of the whole event.
We enjoyed snacks and baked lasagna and later exchanged presents.  It was a lot of fun.  Thanks, Jack & Debbie for making such a nice event possible!
Jack and Debbie have been spending full days with Bob to help out Tim B. who is working from home and organizing all the medical appointments and tracking necessary.  When Jack takes a day to go - and Debbie is working - I get to help by taking care of my beautiful Granddogs!  They are so good!
Both are really good Dogs - but when Winston wants something he is "an in your face" kind of guy!
My cat "Baby" is tolerant - but likes to stake out her
territory and hiss and spit to keep the dogs away.  Once she declared the Dog Food and water dish her territory.  Oh MY!

I love having them - but have found they don't take naps when I want to!

No problem - I am retired!  I can take a nap any time I choose on another day!

Warmest Greeting to all of our friends and relatives.  Thanks for taking time to look in.  Have a Happy and Safe New Year.  Love to All.

No comments: