Monday, February 28, 2011

New Furniture

About five years ago Ron & I picked out fabric for our couch and love seat. At that time the fabric was $15.00 a yard even with our discount. We needed at least 30 yards! So we put the whole project aside. I put the fabric swatch in my "things to do someday drawer" and forgot about it.  Now the worn out couch and loveseat are about to go!


Good Bye! We bought this entire living-room set in 1986. I think we have our money's worth!











Start with a new lamp shade - rearrange plants . . .
Some new colors in accesories . . .


This month has been very slow for Ron's upholstery business SO I thought it could be MY turn! Ron checked on that old fabric and low and behold – it was on close out for $4.99 a yard. He bought the last 40 yards for $4.49 per yard and we are getting a new recliner loveseat and a renewed model of our couch which will be a few inches shorter.

We bought a second hand recliner love seat and Ron starts his magic!
Comfortable - Beautiful and Handy!
Ron cut about 7 inches from the center of the couch - was always too much for our small living room.

With the beautiful accent pillows I am thrilled with my new decor.
Thanks Ron!  I am thrilled and hope it will last another twenty plus years!
My daughter and I have been doing deep water aerobics three times a week. It is great.

My daffodils are blooming – tulips are coming up and it is supposed to snow tonight!

Not only did it snow - it was 18 degrees!  Take that you early bloomers!!! Spring is near. It has been a strange winter.
March 4th is just around the corner and we will celebrate the Viking again. He is only 71 so it won't be a big celebration – just a lovely family dinner featuring baked Steel Head, a choice of baked potatoes or brown rice, broccoli and Ron's favorite Birthday Cake – Angel Food! Go figure! He is doing so well both with the diabetes and his heart. I am so proud of him and so grateful for the beautiful gift of a new living room that he has created for us this month.

Thanks for checking in. Love to all.

3 comments:

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

How very cool! The living room looks great.

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you, Ron! We hope you have a great day...just don't party tooooo much...hahahaha!

Love,
Cynthia & Mike

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love that sofa. I can see Ron sitting in his chair with a bowl of popcorn with M&M's in it, watching TV!

Have a wonderful birthday celebration. Love you both!

Maria

Anonymous said...

You are just amazing. Love the furniture dad. Love you, and I am glad you had a real nice birthday. You will have to come and see our new house soon.