Sunday, January 23, 2011

2011

One year to the dreaded – or anticipated 2012 changes to the 5th dimension and the Golden Age – or not. It sounds like fun. I am having fun all the time anyway. I am happy in the now – now – moment and that is the only place I can live.



I have had a few unpleasant moments to move through this year – because I scheduled them right in a row beginning in January. The medical tests are all done and I am in good health. The bad tooth with no bone support left is out and the "flipper" is in.
Goodbye Beautiful!!

The temporary appliance is difficult to talk with – difficult to eat with – which leads me to hope that I will become skinny and Ron can stop complaining about never getting a word in edgeways! Probably won't happen though! What the heck – I am happy. My Son wants to call me "flipper" and has been informed he may be flipped back if he does.

I'm looking forward to the next week or so when I will be all well and ready to go back to my water aerobics. My daughter is going to join me. What fun.

I have been telephoning "old" friends this week and am happy to report they are all doing well. The woman who introduced Ron & I and hired me in my Salem Dental job is now 80 and young at heart as ever. No matter how long between conversations – as soon as we talk it's like we have never been apart. What a grand experience to have Auntie Jan in my life. Dr. David – a long time dentist friend is also near 80. He lost his wife last fall and misses her so much. And he is fine – a really fine man and friend. My best sister is in the same age group and feeling wonderful. I love her so much. My brother is 10 years ahead of me so we will both celebrate milestone birthdays this year. He sounds great and I am going to try to find a way to get somebody to drive him and his wife to Oregon so we can get together again this year.


We had fun on Christmas Day – with our celebrations all over – we spent a quiet day with Eli and took a drive to the Basket Slew where we saw deer, 2 bald eagles, 1 great Egret, thousands of ducks, geese, coots, and mergansers. We often take a trip there and find it to be just as new and renewing every time.


Next week the weather forecast says it will be nice – like 60 degrees on the Oregon Coast. We are planning to play hooky again and Ron will go crabbing in Newport. I will join him part of the time and perhaps we'll stay overnight if all goes well.

I like to update the blog from time to time so you can check in. I know most of you are too busy for such stuff – what with Face book to keep up with and all. My blog is mostly for me – to keep testing my ability to write and create a picture with words. Many of you know I am in the process of writing my second book "The House". I can't finish it too soon because I would be too embarrassed to release it while I'm alive. But I am considering telling some of those "stories" that one remembers most clearly as we become older. I won't have pictures – but maybe I can convey a picture with words – and that will please me. If you have time to read it and enjoy the story – that will please me too. Stay tuned for my grand "Spelunking" (cave exploration story), My adventures with an Indian Shaman, A trip to the nudist event, and others.

Love to all, and thanks for checking in.

No comments: