Monday, October 25, 2010

50 Year High School Reunion

All  summer long I worked on the "slide-show" DVD Video to present at the reunion.

I had such fun doing it. I received a small amount of current pictures of classmates and I used the Web to find scenes from the 50's – 60's to incorporate. Since each picture is shown for only 4 seconds it takes a lot of pictures to make a 10 or 20 minute presentation.

 
I managed to put together a 20 minute presentation and then from different sources I found the music to accompany the pictures. I was delighted with the finished product and I had 32 DVD's to give to class mates to take home as souvenirs of our gathering.

Arvon Arave provided CD's of 1950's music for everyone to take home. Of the Three Buddies shown here only Arvon on the far left is still living.
Ron & I left a little early to get the equipment all ready for the presentation.

There were about 60 people present at the dinner which was really good. A photographer took group pictures that are probably better than the shot Ron took with my camera of the graduating class members.


                                                About 38 class members were present.  Click on pictures to enlarge.
Saturday was the Spud Day Parade in Shelley Idaho. We joined my brother, sister-in-law, nephew and niece along with other family members to watch the parade. Then Ron & I went to Ann Durbin's place to share a picnic of baked "Idaho Russet's". As a part of the event held at the Shelley Park after the parade 5,000 baked potatoes are given away!
This gathering was much smaller – but gave me a chance to visit with best friends.

Thank you to my son Tim who helped me so much with the DVD. Thank you to my husband Ron who worked so hard to see to it that I got to do every part of my Idaho Trip Dream!

Now I am in touch with very special class friends on the internet and it is delightful!

I have celebrated my 69th birthday with family – fall is coming with the beautiful colors and the first of our winter storms. I love this time of year!

Love to all.


3 comments:

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

Hi Betty - Your reunion festivities were really neat. I bet everyone enjoyed seeing your DVD. Was your town called Russet or was that the team name for your high school? I love the Spud Day idea in Shelley. We're glad you and Ron had such a great vacation!

Ron and Betty said...

Russet was our team name - and the name of our annuals. The outside of the DVD includes pictures of the 1959 and 1960 annual covers.
Thanks for keeping in touch!

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

That’s hilarious that you were named after potatoes. But when in Idaho...

Maybe we'll try growing some potatoes in our garden next year!