Thursday, February 11, 2010

Party Planning

I am getting excited about Ron's 70th birthday. I sent out invitations to all of our kids. Of course our local family will be here and as of this morning it sounds like we will have Jesse & Laura with three little ones staying with us. We will have to find some places to accommodate other guests – but I'll bet we can figure that out.

I am looking for ways to make this a really special celebration. Ron has already bought $50 worth of rib steaks so he is planning to barbeque in his outdoor kitchen as always. I will need to find a way to get him out long enough for someone to appropriately decorate the place! If you have any ideas – let me know. I need help to really surprise him.

If you are a family member planning to come you can email me at bettyderricott@hotmail.com and Ron will never know about it!


While the middle of our Nation is having a bad winter – we are seeing spring here in our beautiful Salem Oregon. The daffodils are blooming now. I have seen Azaleas in bloom up and down our street. My Christmas gift of Amaryllis is beautiful as you can see.


Mike & Cynthia invited us down for an evening of Bingo recently. It was such fun spending the evening with them. Mike had worked all day it appeared making wonderful food for us to share. With a few quarters thrown in to make it interesting – first Cynthia won big and later Ron took the pot! Par for the course – huh? Ron likes to win!!




Cynthia has been in charge of the Food Drive for her office. She has done a wonderful job to get everyone involved. I'm sure she will post all the activities soon. I made a cake to donate and Ron made the pretty box to display it in. Hope it helps!

My daughter got a new puppet. Yes – she enjoys any furry stuffed animal as well as her two cats. She brought the puppet to play with Sitka. Sitka wanted to eat it! I don't blame her. It is sure fun having a dog here again. We love her.


If you don't care to comment on my blog – do send an email to share your thoughts and ideas.

Happy Valentines Day to all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi betty,

what a beautiful amaryllis, and i love the zebra plant.

i left a long comment on your 2010 dreams post but it didn't show up. i kept wondering whey you'd post again and add it, but evidently it didn't go through.

i'm sure you're wondering who this is from. i'm teresa, cynthia's friend. i met you when i was down there last april for part of spring break.

when is don's paarty? depending on the time of day, perhaps you could take him out lunch. just tell him he can cook his ribs but that you'd like to trat him out. or perhaps you can go to a movie. my husband took me out to dinner for my 50th birthday and when we came home the house was all decorated. he said maybe our younger son had done it but when we went upstairs a bunch of my friends yelled, surprise. he did a great job planning a surprise party without my knowing it.

that cake you baked for cynthia's auction sounded sooooo good! i told her i would have paid a fortune for it. i loooooove chocolate!

take care and have a great weekend!

teresa

Anonymous said...

sorry about the spelling errors. sometimes i forget to proofread then i read it again after it's been posted and see that i made mistakes. just typos.

teresa

Ron and Betty said...

Thanks for writing Teresa. I did find your comment that was filtered out of the previous blog. Thanks a lot. I'm sure Cynthia will have pictures up about her auction soon. Stay in touch. Love hearing from you.
Betty

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

I can't believe how many blooms you got from your Amaryllis. It is really exploding with color. Good job!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ron! Grattis pÄ födelsedagen as we would say!